10.12.2010

How to change the color, font or image of Blogger Pages

Since my last post on Pages I've received a few more questions that I would like to address.
Shari Winterstein said...
          Wow - that sure was a huge help! I'm a new blogger and I've been trying to figure this out for a month. I also have a question - when I finished putting the pages links in they came in in red and I want them to be white. Can a person change the color of the print? Thanks for your help!

Yes Shari, a person sure can change the color and it's not even hard :)

start at your BLOGGER DASHBOARD
then hit DESIGN
then BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNER
then ADVANCED

From there you will see a whole list of text that you can change the font and color and size of.  To change the Pages Tabs you will hit the TAB TEXT option.  On the same screen you will also see a preview of what will be changed on your blog if you hit APPLY TO BLOG (orange button in top corner).

***************
Daniela said...

People do have direct links now and I just can't figure it out. Let me know if you do. I hate that you have to click on the tab and then click again to take you where you need to go.


And my reply was this:
I should have mentioned this earlier! If you are interested in making direct links you can use a LINK LIST in place of PAGES.

just go to EDIT LAYOUT
ADD A GADGET
add LINK LIST

and create your list from there, you can then move the list around to a location you like. The new gadget will just be on your sidebar at first, but you can drag it to the location you want; the most popular places are under or over the header, of course.

**************

NL10 said...

I just want to know how to add an image as your tab, I've seen it before but...


This is a little trickier, actually it's a lot trickier, but I've done it before.  You will need to create a button for each tab you want.  For example I want a small icon of a home to be my home tab so I create a button using the instructions here.  I will create all the buttons I want and then put them into one HTML WIDGET that I will drag to the position just below my header.  whew... it's a lot of work, but can be done!!


Happy Blogging!
-Lilly J