12.29.2009

Connections

Blogging friends - It's the start of a new year, and a new decade. How will our blogs carry on? Are we using them to their full advantage?

I have a dear friend who is moving away this week. Her absence will change my life. I can understand the reasoning behind a move - it will happen to us all and for good reason - but, still, my life is changed by her absence in it. Her blog, however, can keep me somewhat connected with her. I can still see her day to day life, watch her children grow, and comment on those happenings, letting her know that I am still with her as much as I am able from another time zone! Plus, she can continue to see my goings on by reading my blog! It's not the same as being there, but, it is a CONNECTION.

Let's use these wonderful tools we have to stay connected to our family and friends! Happy New Year to us ALL!