7.06.2009

Blogs of Inspiration: Homemaking Fun

If you're looking for a blog to fall in L.O.V.E. with then head on over to Homemaking Fun. The crafty Jadi has put together a blog full of craft and party ideas for kids and adults. There's a little something...make that a LOT of something for everyone.



Jadi was good enough to answer some questions I sent her and share her blogging experience.

Out of all the things a person could blog about why did you decide to blog about party themes and crafts?

I decided to start a blog about parties and crafts because I love to celebrate holidays and host parties. I loved the idea of having a place to keep track of all of my ideas.


You're obviously really busy spending time with your kids and coming up with all these ideas, so what made you decide to blog in the first place?

This blog hasn't been very time consuming. I just post when I can. I love to read the comments. It is fun to hear from people who have the same interests as me.


You have fabulous ideas for crafts and parties. Where does your inspiration come from?

I find inspiration from blog surfing, children's books, or from seeing something at a store.




Today's economy is not the greatest and many families are on a budget. Are your projects budget-friendly? And if so, how do you keep them budget-friendly?

All of my ideas are pretty much budget friendly. I am a regular customer at the dollar store. :) I also use a lot of the 40% off Micheal's coupons.


I was looking through your party theme posts (my personal favorite is the Drive-In Movie Night). What's your favorite party theme that you've done?

I think the drive-in movie night and the Fancy Nancy parties were both a lot of fun to put together.




When the readers of I Love The Way She Blogs head on over to read your blog what three posts are MUST reads?


I don't know which three to choose. I would love to see your three favorite posts.

*Author's Note* I took Jadi's challenge and picked out my favorite 3 posts:
1.
Magic Treasure Box (St. Patrick's Day)
2.
Cleaning Card Box
3.
If You Give A Cat A Cupcake Storytime



I noticed you have a second blog, Jadi's Favorite Recipes, tell us a little about that blog and why readers should check out that site as well.

I started the recipe blog to keep track of my favorite recipes. I have collected some great recipes over the years and love knowing I have back up copies in case I ever loose the originals. The snickerdoodle cookies, Oreo balls, chocolate peanut butter Ritz cookies, no bake cookies, and pumpkin chocolate chips cookies are some of my all time favorite recipes! Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? :)


Creating these crafts and projects and parties for your kids is obviously something you're very good at and have been doing for awhile. What advice would you give to moms and dads (and even babysitters) who aren't as crafty, but want to do these things with their kids?

If you have an idea or theme you can find all kinds of ideas from blog surfing or by using google.




So if you're looking for a dose of inspiration for your next craft project or theme party check out Homemaking Fun. That Jadi...I love the way she blogs!


written by (army)Wife